Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's time! (Well, almost!)

This morning, I am taking advantage of the fact that two of my kids were up by 6:30, they in turn woke up the third child.  Because everyone was up early, their Daddy took them all for breakfast with him and gave me the morning off.  This is a huge deal for me right now!  I am currently almost 39 weeks pregnant and if I don't have my little guy in the next 48 hours, I will be induced on Monday morning.

Holy cow!  I will be bringing home a fourth child in less than a week!  Whose idea was this?!  Am I really responsible enough to take care of four kids?!!? 

We have been doing what we can to get the house ready and organized to add another baby.  We have been trying, really trying to take better control of our finances.  We have done everything that I know we have done everything we know how to do BUT ARE WE REALLY READY?  Bringing a sixth person into our two bedroom house is really scary.  We have always had intentions to finish our upstairs and make three or four more rooms up there but as we all know, that takes money.  Money that is not easy to come up with when we are taking care of 6 people on one income.  My husband is amazing and works his rear end off to support us but his job is salary so really, no matter how hard he works at it, the pay doesn't change.  Raises are few and far between the last few years too.  We have talked about me going back to work in a few months but paying for daycare isn't an option.  I would have to work evenings and I'm really not sure about that, Norvin has never had to be in charge of our kids for more than an hour or 2 while they were infants.  He wouldn't be able to call me away from work to stop the baby from crying.  So, for now, it is what it is.  We are a six person family in a two bedroom home.

The key work here is home.  We are happy together here.  There are a lot of people that are much worse off than we are.  We have a roof over our head, granted it needs replaced but it is there.  We have heat that costs way too much, but we are warm.  We all have beds to sleep in.  We have food to eat.  We have vehicles to drive, it would be nice if gas quit going up, but we have the vehicles when we need them.  My husband has a great job with a boss that is not a jerk, but his friend.  My children have more toys and clothes than needed by a family twice our size.  We have friends, lots of them.  We have a wonderful church that God has given us to go to and praise him with our fellow believers.  My children go to an amazing school where they are able to learn about and praise God daily.  We have an amazing extended family that consists of more than just family, they are some of our closest friends.  We are blessed!

I am leaving now to spend some much needed time with my girlfriends.  One is having a Pampered Chef Party with another friend who is the consultant.  They both know I can't buy much but they don't care.  They love me for me and I am happy to be able to go hang out with them for an hour or two.

So, in a few days we will find out if I really can handle 4 kids.  I know God won't give me more than I can handle so although I do question, I know he will guide me through this transition and that some day our house will be finished.  Until then, I will have FAITH.

1 comment:

"The Menu Mom" said...

Love this post Leslii - the anticipation, the nervousness, the GRATEFULNESS! I have four and have lived so far to survive it, so I have faith you will too! There will be hard days, but you will also be richly blessed. I am praying for you!